Friday 8 February 2019

"Most Wanted" by Robert Crais

Devon Connor is worried about her son, Tyson. She has found a $40k Rolex under his bed. She hires Private Investigator Elvis Cole to find out where he got it. Tyson and his teenage friends are responsible for a strong of burglaries across LA. Trouble is, they have stolen something valuable beyond pearls and two killers are hunting them. Can Elvis save the situation?

A fast-paced thriller set in California.

Some nice lines:

  • "Stemms sniffed the air loudly, like a dog catching a scent. "I'm smelling bullshit."
  • "He was an excellent criminalist. He was also paranoid, needy, and burdened with less self-esteem than the average grapefruit."
  • "I like having my ass kissed but you're giving me bum-burn."
February 2019; 375 pages

Also starring Elvis Cole: The Forgotten Man

My wonderful wife bought me a subscription to Books and Beer; each month I receive a crime book and some cans of beer. The other titles I have received so far are:

  • A very murderous Christmas (a short story collection)
  • The Devil's Dice by Roz Watkins: a whodunnit set in the English Peak District
  • Only Killers and Thieves by Paul Howarth:  a stunning tale of crime and revenge, of temptation and sin, of evil and redemption set in 1880s Queensland and as gritty as only the Australian Outback can get.


This review was written by

the author of Motherdarling 

and The Kids of God

No comments:

Post a Comment